The International Scholar Award is an award that the Academy developed to honor international members and their lifelong commitment to learning. This award is a two-year program.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Active international member of the Academy
- Past recipient of the International Ophthalmologist Education Award
- Earn 30 continuing medical education (CME) credits each year for two consecutive years from the time of application (for a total of 60 CMEs).
- Half of the 30 credits for each year must be earned from Academy-sponsored CME activities.
- Successfully complete a timed, online self-assessment test with an 80% or higher passing score.
Award recipients get the following:
- A personalized certificate
- Acknowledgement on the Academy’s website
- Acknowledgement in the Academy’s Annual Awards booklet
- An annual meeting ribbon